Full Day Kindergarten vs ½ Day Kindergarten Information
Please be aware of the following information before making your decision about full day vs ½ day kindergarten.
If you want to register for FULL DAY kindergarten you MUST confirm with the daycare centre PRIOR to registering to ensure there is childcare space available as full day kindergarten means your child now moves into the school age program.
½ Day Kindergarten = PRESCHOOL room 8(English or Spanish)
- Remains in the preschool room.
- $416.00 per four week billing period (unless subsidized).
- 1:8 ratio.
- Children are classified as preschool and are walked to the bathrooms, etc and are always in the care of staff.
- ½ day kindergarten children are walked to class and are picked up from class.
- CHILD IS CLASSIFIED AS A PRESCHOOL CHILD
Full Day Kindergarten = SCHOOL AGE (room 2 and 7)
- Moves to the school age room.
- $206.00 per four weeks (unless subsidized) PLUS additional $10.30 for any in-service/holidays.
- 1:15 ratio.
- We run 2 school age rooms but there are times we run 1 classroom so children in full day will also be combined with children to grade 6 (in-service/holidays for example).
- Children walk to and from class independently (there is no staff pick up/drop off) AS WELL AS GOING TO THE BATHROOM ALONE ETC.
- Parent must sign age exemption from the daycare to classify the child as a school age child not preschool child.
- CHILD IS CLASSIFIED AS A SCHOOL AGE CHILD.